February 14th is supposed to be the most romantic day of the year – but why confine romance to just one day?
With gorgeous views, atmospheric spaces, and the awe-inspiring hull of a Tudor warship as the stunning backdrop, the Mary Rose is a truly magical place to fall in love with at any time of year.
Brimming with history and romance, our world-class venue in the heart of Portsmouth Historic Dockyard shares the fascinating story of a ship that lay forgotten on the seabed for 437 years.
All nine galleries offer panoramic views of the magnificent vessel – just imagine standing with a loved one, gazing at the centuries-old oak timbers, and immersing yourselves in the unfolding stories of the lives lived and lost on board.
On the Bridge Balcony, lovers can linger over drinks and take in the ever-changing views of the historic waterfront as the sun sparkles on the water. For romantic picture opportunities, it really is one of the best spots in Portsmouth!
Our Upper Deck is one of the most atmospheric and historic wedding spaces in the whole of the UK, while our Admiral’s Gallery provides the ideal backdrop for couples to party the night away.
Becky Ashton, events manager, said: “The Mary Rose is a magical venue for couples to tie the knot and it’s hard not to be inspired by the spellbinding surroundings and sheer sense of history.
“We pride ourselves on offering a highly personalised, flexible approach to every wedding, so if you wanted love hearts on every table at the reception or romantic harp music playing, my team will always do its utmost to fulfil your wish! It’s your big day and we’re here to help, advise and ensure your day goes smoothly.”
Wedding packages at the Mary Rose include all of the following:
- Dedicated event planning and coordination from an experienced team.
- Use of one of three licensed ceremony spaces within the award-winning museum.
- Private access to the museum with our team of expert guides on hand to engage with your guests.
- Use of our standardised dining and ceremony furniture.
- Exclusive access to the Bridge Balcony, which overlooks HMS Victory, the historic waterfront and Portsmouth Harbour.
- Design, production and printing of name cards, menus and the table plan (additional cost)
- Modern integrated audio visual system in the Admiral’s Gallery, including handheld microphone, for speeches and music.